Eco-Feminism at our communities in Hawaii and Portland, OR!
We love living in paradise places but weren't content to simply relax and enjoy our beautiful eco-community life. We also care a great deal about social, feminist and environmental issues!
We define Hedonisia Hawaii as an Eco-Feminist Community because our virtual and physical programs.
Though our main community is tucked away in the jungles of East Hawaii, volunteers and interns come from around the world to work on our community and web projects.
At the Hedonisia Hawaii eco-community we encourage women to be empowered physically and in nature as "Jungle Queens" who can adapt and learn to live in a rainforest environment. In other words we encourage female 'Environmental Empowerment' by overcoming feminine angst and fear of nature that is so common among urban women when faced with living in wild nature.
In Hawaii we offer 2 options to volunteer on our Feminist Entrepreneur Web Portfolio:
For those who can't make it to Hawaii, we also offer a Virtual Volunteer Program giving you the ability to 'work from home'. Work in advance to build up and 'bank' volunteer hours in exchange for lodgings if you are planning a future eco-vacation at Hedonisia Hawaii!
- Educational Requirements. We welcome applicants with writing and online research experience. These projects are perfect for students, graduates or professionals in the fields of Sociology, Women’s and Gender Studies, Psychology, Humanities or other liberal arts program.
- Computer Proficiency. Include experience with Google Docs, editing pages in WordPress, Photoshop, web design, graphic design, SEO or any other related software experience.
- Related Work Experience can be substituted for formal education experience. Please specify what related work experience you have. We prefer applicants with skills, interest and experience relevant to the projects they wish to work on!
- Basic Research Skills: Including writing, footnotes and bookmarks. Experience with online research (e.g. using Google and other search engines)
- Certificate of Completion: If an Intern or Volunteer is a student, then we can adjust their hours to reflect the requirements of their educational institution.
To apply to be in any of the above programs please use our Community Participant Application Form!
Portland Eco-Feminist Volunteer Option!
As the TV show Portlandia cheekily observes, Portland is one of the most 'feminist' cities in the USA! We love progressive Portland so much we created a tiny Hedonisia Portland Micro-Community Volunteer Rental in a beautiful 2-bedroom apartment in SE Portland.
We offer one of those bedrooms, 3 times a year as a temporary rental! Eco-feminists who need a temporary room for rent in Portland can volunteer a few hours a month in exchange for rent reduction!